Catholics Returning Home
|Deacon Tom O'Connell||Catholics Returning Home helps Catholics reconnect with their faith, and their relationship with Christ. There is no obligation or cost. Join us and you will find a:
- Supportive, non-judgmental group where you can freely explore your concerns and questions
- Small community including others thinking about returning, recently returned Catholics and clergy.
- Safe haven in which private issues are identified and dealt with privately, with compassion.
- Warm environment where you will be welcomed.
- A 6 week series beginning Monday, March 6, from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm in the North Wing Room A at St. Mary Immaculate Parish.
The themes below represent a typical flow. The group surveys the questions and issues they want to explore. Sessions 2 through 5 topics are adjusted to ensure that everyone’s needs are addressed.
March 6 Welcome, Overview of Series
March 13 Presentation on Inactive Catholics
March 20 The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II
March 27 The Mass
April 3 Explanation of the Sacrament of Reconciliation
April 10 The Creed; What Catholics Believe
The group is open to all. Pre-registration is requested. For more information call the group’s facilitator, Deacon Tom O’Connell, at 815-230-2241 or call the Parish at 815-436-2651.