Have you been away from the Catholic Church? Feeling the pull to come back? Well look no further! We want you to come home!
Catholics Returning Home helps Catholics reconnect with their faith, and their relationship with Christ. Join us and you will find:
- Supportive, non-judgmental group where you can freely explore your concerns and questions
- Small community including others thinking about returning, recently returned Catholics and clergy.
- Safe haven in which private issues are identified and dealt with privately, with compassion.
- Warm, welcoming environment.
- A 6 week series beginning Monday, July 15th, from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm in the North Wing Room A at St. Mary Immaculate Parish.
The themes below represent a typical flow. We survey questions and issues of interest to the group.
1st Session : Welcome, Overview of Series
2nd Session : Presentation on Inactive Catholics
3rd Session : The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II
4th Session : The Mass
5th Session : Explanation of the Sacrament of Reconciliation
6th Session : The Creed; What Catholics Believe
Contact & Registration
Pre-registration is requested, but all are welcome to attend this free group! For more information call the group’s facilitator, Deacon Tom O’Connell, at 815-230-2241 or call the Parish at 815-436-2651.