Saint Mary Immaculate has gained approval from the diocese to be open for the Sacrament of Penance on Saturdays at 2:30pm until all in line are heard. Come early so you don’t miss out!
Please note that we are expecting a large number of people, so if you experience that, please come back at a later time.
When you come, your cooperation with the following is necessary and appreciated:
- IF YOU ARE SICK (WITH ANYTHING), DO NOT COME TO CHURCH. We understand you want the sacraments, but staying home when you are sick is an act of charity.
a. If you have a fever, stay home.
b. If you have traveled in the last 14 days, stay home.
c. If you have a cough, or any shortness of breath, stay home.
- Before you come, please wash your hands thoroughly. You will be asked to use hand sanitizer when you enter the building.
- You must wear a covering over your mouth and nose (a mask or bandana) when you are on the church campus (inside or outside of the building). This is not optional; those without a face covering will not be admitted to the building. If you need a face covering, please let us know and we will try to get one for you.
- Confessions will take place in the Commons. Please line up outside the building. There are marks on the sidewalk every six feet; please use those to maintain social distance. No one will be permitted to wait inside the building.
- If you have issues walking or standing in line, please let one of our staff know and we will address your needs if at all possible.
- Please understand there may be staff in the parking lot directing traffic. Please follow their instructions for safe arrival and departure. Also be extra careful leaving the parking lot as we anticipate many persons arriving and departing throughout each session.
- Confessions will be done behind a screen. Face-to-face confessions will not be available at this time.
- After you have made your confession, please leave the Commons so that we can admit the next person. Please do not linger on the parish grounds. Remember that we still need to maintain social distance so that all may remain well. This is not yet the time for a social gathering. We are praying for that opportunity soon.
- We are expecting many penitents, so in consideration of others, we cannot offer spiritual direction or counseling during these times. Please make a good examination of conscience before you arrive and plan to be as expedient as is possible so that others may also be heard. We want to be able to provide the Sacrament of Penance for as many as possible, so we appreciate your cooperation.
- You are asked to say your Act of Contrition either before or after, and not during your confession. You can find the Act of Contrition at https://smip.org/online-chapel/prayers/act-of-contrition/
- If you are able to support the parish during this time, there will be a box in the Commons for you to make your contribution. You are also able to drop contributions in the drop box outside the Commons at any time, or mail them in, or contribute online through our website. THANK YOU for your support during this difficult time.
THANK YOU for your cooperation. We know it’s difficult having to adhere to all of these guidelines, but it’s more difficult to go without the sacraments, as you have no doubt experienced. Let’s work together so that we can have everyone experience the remedies of Holy Mother Church to the extent that we are able, while still helping everyone to remain well. Please know of our continued prayers for everyone at this time.