Reconnect with your Faith
Welcome Home is a program to help Catholics reconnect with their faith and renew their relationship with Christ. There is no obligation or cost. Join us and you will find a:
- Supportive, non-judgmental group where you can freely explore your concerns and questions
- Small community with others thinking about returning, recently returned Catholics, and clergy
- Safe haven in which private issues are identified and dealt with privately, with compassion
- Warm environment where you will be welcomed
from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. in the North Wing Room A at St. Mary Immaculate Parish.
- November 18 The Church Today: Changes Since Vatican II
- November 25 The Mass
- December 2 Explanation of the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- December 9 The Creed: What Catholics Believe
Program is open to all. Pre-registration is requested but not required. For more information, please call the group’s facilitator, Deacon Tom O’Connell, at 815-230-2241 or visit www.smip.org. Over the years 120 plus have returned to their faith.
“Deacon Tom, provided a welcoming and comfortable forum regardless if you have been away from the Church for 24 months or 24 years. The weekly gatherings gave you a sense of sitting amongst family and friends. In turn, this created a camaraderie amongst those of us returning or thinking of returning to the Church.
You will have powerful overviews and personal insights from the Priests of St. Mary’s, which resonates to the foundation of Catholicism and the importance of the Sacraments. The exploration of God’s will is encouraged, but never forced. Personally, the program gave a sense of realism to my spirituality and the desire to uphold the blessings shared with us. I can’t thank St. Mary’s and Deacon Tom enough for the opportunity to feel welcomed back into the Church. God bless!”